Economic and Investment Overviews
Investment resources primary
2020 YEAR-END & 2021 QUARTERLY OUTLOOK
Progressing toward a post-COVID-19 environment
As we say goodbye to a challenging 2020, we look out with optimism at the economic growth potential in the years to come. Can we expect the economic recovery to mirror that of the most recent Great Recession? Or, is more promising news ahead in a post-vaccine world?
2021 economic & financial markets outlook
- Webcast: Biden administration and the impact on markets and wealth planning
- Presentation: US markets, the Fed and asset class views
- Commentary: Growth, inflation and policy in Washington
2020 Quarterly Outlook
Anything but boring
Election implication series
Economy & financial markets
- What history tells us
- The state of the race
- Policy matters—Trump vs. Biden
- Sector analysis: Healthcare and tech
- Sector analysis: Financials and energy
Tax and income planning
- 2020 Presidential candidates tax proposal comparison chart
- Five ways to build flexibility into your estate planning
- Income tax planning this election year
- Family wealth planning in 2020
- Year-end tax planning for 2020
The views expressed in this series reflect the assessments of the applicable professionals based on current market conditions and other circumstances and do not necessarily reflect the views of CIBC Private Wealth Management. The views expressed here are for informational purposes only and are not intended to endorse, recommend, or favor either political party or any particular agenda.
Expert Q&A series
Legacy of COVID-19
Key innovations that emerged during this pandemic will outlive it. Others are yet to reveal themselves but will surely be part of the legacy of COVID-19. CIBC Private Wealth is committed to bringing to you the perspective and insight of top thinkers in various fields on what the legacy of COVID-19 could be.
Ushering in the clean energy transition
2019 marked the first year in the modern electric era that renewable energy surpassed coal in the U.S. energy supply mix. This and other reasons lead to an attractive investment opportunity for companies delivering on the clean energy promise today.
2020 Quarterly Outlook
The markets recover. Will it last?
Adapting to a changed landscape
Our investment professionals highlight the key economic and market changes that we believe will likely occur in the aftermath of the COVID-19 recession.
Our healthcare analysts discuss the rapidly evolving landscape around the creation of a coronavirus vaccine and the possible development and investment implications.